Kitesurfing Coaching Clinics
Shoreham Beach, UK 3rd July 2020*
Danny and Rob are running a day clinic for anyone looking to improve their kite surfboards skills. With two coaches and 6 students, we’ll be able to offer both on the water coaching combined with video feedback and theory throughout the day.
This is the perfect opportunity for any kite surfers who are looking to improve the core skills, be that all aspects of the gybe – carve, toeside and foot changes – both the push and roll tack along with wave riding (wave dependent). And waves or not, there is so many small but crucial tweaks we can make to your riding that have a huge impact across everything you do on a surfboard.
* We are aiming to run this on either Friday 3rd July or Saturday 4th July depending on what looks like the best forecast. We’ll make a final decision on Thursday morning.
Schedule for the day:
- 13:00 – Meet at the beach for a leisurely briefing at Danny’s van, where we will set goals for everyone and look at theory for key techniques. Feel free to bring your lunch!
- 14:00 – Get out on the water for our first session
- 15:30 – Regroup on the beach for a short break and review of whatever has been working on, along with video review
- 16:00 – Back out on the water for our second session
- 17:30 – Beach debrief with a beer! We guarantee everyone will be exhausted but smiling by this point!
During the on the water sessions, Danny will ride with you in small groups and individually to demo techniques. Rob will be filming from the beach and calling you in to offer tips throughout the day.
- Able to stay upwind comfortably on a kite surfboard in all wind conditions.
- Working on learning and improving your gybing, foot changes and tacks
- Own your own kite surfboard
If you are yet to try riding a surfboard with a kite or struggling with the basics then a 1:1 private session will be the quickest way to improve your skills at this early stage.
Private 1:1 Session vs Day Clinic?
The prices for our 2h private coaching session and this day clinic (~5 hours of coaching) are similar but what is best for you?
A 2h private coaching session gets you about 1.5 hours on the water in constant communication with your coaching using the BBTalkin headset. It is a pretty intense session where you get to work on specific skills with your coach, with you both on the water together. We’d definitely recommend this for anyone new to surfboard riding or if you require the flexibility of booking a session that fits with your schedule and the conditions you want to train in.
This group clinic allows you to ride over a longer period of time, with two coaches, allowing you work on different techniques and different points of view from Danny and Rob. Critically the opportunity for video analysis can really help to solving many small but crucial mistakes that can take you riding on leaps and bounds. We also have more time to include video in our pre and post clinic briefings so can better understand the techniques you are looking to work on. We also find that many kiters learn a lot indirectly from others in the group, working on areas that they may think they are have mastered or something we will look to learn in the future.
About the Location
Meet your Coaches
Pro Kiter, Airush International Team Rider
From competing as a teen to travelling the world with the sport, Danny has over 12 years experience with kitesurfing and has grown up living and breathing it. Now one of the UK’s most competent free ride foilers, Danny is passionate about coaching and helping people gain access into this new area of the sport.
Progression owner, script writing, filmer, editor…
Rob’s passion has always been in watersports, a past world champion windsurfer, 17 years experience as a kitesurfer and for last 13 years helping over 200,000 kiters learn and improve with his Progression series of kitesurfing videos, DVDs and apps. Now his own obsession for kite foiling, has led him to find ways to make foiling accessible to the whole kiting community.