Foil Clinic: Langabaan, SA
1st Feb - 8 Feb 2017
Are you keen to learn to foil? Or looking to improve your skills and crack your foiling gybes and tacks? Join Progressions’ Rob Claisse and Airush rider Danny Morrice for a week of intensive foiling coaching in the flat waters of Langebaan, one hour north of Cape Town, SA.
The focus is on freeride foiling, getting you comfortably riding your foil upwind and downwind and then moving on to toeside, gybes, carves and tacking.
Who is this clinic best suited too?
- You already own your own hydrofoil
- You’ve already had a few session and at minimum are able to waterstart and riding along off the foil.
- Through to foilers who are up and riding comfortably on the foil but you want to improve your technique and learn gybes and tacks.
Whatever your level do get in touch and we can discuss if this particular clinic will be best for you.
What will the coaching involve?
- 6 days coaching at Langebaan’s main beach
- 8-10 kiters
- 2 Coaches
- Video analysis
- BBtalkin headsets for one-on-one session
- Progression Live Demo’s
What else is included in this price?
- 7 nights accommodation at Friday Island – 2 sharing a room, single occupation option available.
- BBQ on the first night and a group meal out on the last night (other optional evening group activities will be arranged).
- Airush 2018 Core foil range to demo – we’ll have 3 Airush foil/boards available for clients to demo at points during the week, allowing you to experience different styles of foils and boards.
- Airush 2018 Surfboards – we’ll have the latest selection of Airush surfboards, available to use to aid with technique practice.
- First access to the new Progression Kitefoiling Instructional series
What’s not included?
- Flights – Cape Town is the nearest Airport and is 1 hours drive away. There are various flight options either direct to Cape Town or through Johannesburg.
- Transfer from Cape Town to Langebaan – Hiring a car is the easiest option though we can help you with a transfer if you’d prefer to go car-free.
- Food – Friday Island accommodation does not include food but their restaurant offers great food all day plus your room has a fridge. microwave and basic tableware. We will be arranging some optional evening meals for those interested.
Meet your Coaches
Pro Kiter, Airush International Team Rider
From competing as a teen to travelling the world with the sport, Danny has over 12 years experience with kitesurfing and has grown up living and breathing it. Now one of the UK’s most competent free ride foilers, Danny is passionate about coaching and helping people gain access into this new area of the sport.
Progression owner, script writing, filmer, editor…
Rob’s passion has always been in watersports, a past world champion windsurfer, 17 years experience as a kitesurfer and for last 13 years helping over 200,000 kiters learn and improve with his Progression series of kitesurfing videos, DVDs and apps. Now his own obsession for kite foiling, has led him to find ways to make foiling accessible to the whole kiting community.
About the Location
Langebaan is one hour north of Cape Town, a lagoon offering flat water and consistent wind, perfect for honing your foiling skills. The winds can range from 10-30 knots, perfect for foiling with kites from 12m down to 5m. The demo surfboards will give you continued training in the stronger winds for practicing key skills.
We’ll be staying at Friday Island, perfectly situated directly overlooking main beach.
Volume 1 Collection
Sign up to find out when the videos are released