Kitesurfing Coaching Camps
Viana do Castelo, Portugal 6th - 13th June 2020
- Based in the premium FeelViana sports hotel. Surrounded by beautiful pine forests and a short walk to the camp beach. Price is for two people sharing and access to the infamous FeelViana buffet breakfasts, their incredible spa, gym and a wide range of sports facilities that will keep you fit and entertained all week
- A stunning sandy beach with butter flat water at one end for off the wave coaching to improve strapless riding, foot changes, tacks and turns.
- Access to the whole Cabadelo bay for a range of different waves to practice and develop all types of wave riding techniques. This is a huge playground for learning directional board and kite skills.
- The ultimate downwinder bay. We’ll be using downwinders to coach and improve your linked turns and chase waves down the Atlantic coast.
- Thermal winds that deliver perfect cross shore breezes for prime wave riding conditions.
- Unique filming and photography opportunities to maximise your wave riding development.
- Enjoy the culturally and culinary rich town of Viana do Castello. We will explore the wide variety of restaurants and delicious Portuguese food and port throughout the week.
- Options available for single occupancy, room upgrades, sea views and family chalets. Our best camp for your partner or family to join (seen more below).
“I attended a wave clinic recently with Danny. The experience was great from start to finish. The format of a small group, and being pushed to try new things and not just stay in my comfort zone was key, especially when paired with clear demonstrations and breakdowns tailored to me.”Oli, UK – Lancing Wave Clinic 2019
Wind and Weather
- Thermal wind, if it’s sunny and there is any north in the forecast the thermal will kick in!
- We can expect anything from 15 – 30 knots
- Kite sizes: Possibility for 15m – 4m depending on your weight, and experience
- Air: 15-25 degrees / Water: 15 degrees – Wetsuit recommendation: 4:3 full suit.
Who is this clinic best suited to?
- You already have some wave riding/directional board experience.
- You’ve already had a few session and at a minimum are able to waterstart and riding along holding your ground upwind on a directional board.
- Through to wave riders who are chasing big waves or aiming to perfect their strapless freestyle moves.
- Whatever your level do get in touch and we can discuss if this particular clinic will be best for you.
What is included in this price?
- 6 days coaching with Danny and Rob – 7th – 12th June 2020
- 7 nights accommodation and breakfast at FeelViana – 2 sharing a room, single occupation option available.
- Welcome drink and dinner at FeelViana on the first night with the rest of the group.
- Shared locker for kit storage at FeelViana Watersport Centre.
- Unique Progression Live camp t-shirt.
What’s not included?
- Flights (In the region of £150 – LGW – Porto).
- Airport Transfer – Either private taxi or hire a car from the airport.
- Lunch and dinner (after the first night)
Bring your Partner
Of all our camps this is probably the best for anyone who wishes to bring their non-kiting partner. The hotel has lots to offer whilst we are out foiling and there is plenty of opportunities for you to sneak away and explore the town and surrounding area and still get plenty of coaching in during the afternoons. There is a £99 price for partners which includes them in the welcome drink and dinner on the first night along with a Tranquility or Localized Sports Massage. We want your partner to feel they too are part of the group over the week, joining us for any of the other land-based activities and evening meals. Planet can also put together additional spa based packages, so just enquire when you book.
Booking with Planet
We work our travel partner Planet Kitesurf who will be able to assist you with your booking. All aspects of the accommodation, flights, transfers can be tailored to your needs and if you’re interested in staying longer or even heading off for some other adventures whilst there, they will be able to sort this all out for you.
Still got questions?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for further answers to common questions like What kit you should bring and can you bring your partner, along with many others. Or get in touch to chat with Rob and Danny about becoming a better kitesurfer.
* Early bird price – This discount is available for the first 4 people booking a place on each of our 2020 camps. You must book and have paid your deposit by 5pm GMT on Friday 10th January 2020 to receive the early bird discount. This is a first come first served basis now the exclusive period for previous camp guests, has passed.
Photo credit: Sam Tomme
About the Location
Meet your Coaches
Pro Kiter, Airush International Team Rider
From competing as a teen to travelling the world with the sport, Danny has over 12 years experience with kitesurfing and has grown up living and breathing it. Now one of the UK’s most competent free ride foilers, Danny is passionate about coaching and helping people gain access into this new area of the sport.
Progression owner, script writing, filmer, editor…
Rob’s passion has always been in watersports, a past world champion windsurfer, 17 years experience as a kitesurfer and for last 13 years helping over 200,000 kiters learn and improve with his Progression series of kitesurfing videos, DVDs and apps. Now his own obsession for kite foiling, has led him to find ways to make foiling accessible to the whole kiting community.