Kitefoiling Coaching Camps
Shoreham-by-sea, United Kingdom 25th - 29th July 2020
Shoreham-by-sea. The UK is blessed with some of the best kitesurfing beaches in the world. Shoreham is one of them. It is also our local beach so why wouldn’t we run a camp from here?
- Progression’s headquarters (our house) is based right by Shoreham Beach and will be the hub for all the coaching meetings and video analysis before we head down to the water to get some training in.
- The surrounding local geography can often result in some epic sea breezes throughout the summer here. This gives us prime foiling conditions that will often see us kiting until sundown. Our sunset sessions are a unique speciality here in the summer.
- Shoreham beach also offers us nice coaching opportunities to explore the coastline with upwind and downwind sessions, although dependent on ability level and weather conditions.
- The eclectic Brighton culture is a short distance away to explore and the lovely town of Shoreham gives us many nice and varied restaurants to chose from throughout the week.
- We also have a variety of other kiting spots within an hour or so drive that covers us in most wind directions.
- Unique filming and photography opportunities to maximise your kite foiling development.
- Our camps are kept small for a reason. We want to ensure you get as much personalised coaching experience as possible, tailored to your goals. It is for this reason that we limit the places to this camp to 8 people
Come and enjoy Progression’s Live coaching techniques that deliver a unique program designed to help you achieve all your kite foiling goals. Click here to find out more about our coaching
Wind and Weather
- A mixture of frontal and thermal wind. We get cracking sea breezes that can take a 10-knot breeze up to 25 knots!
- We can expect anything from 10 – 25 knots
- Kite sizes: Possibility for 15m – 4m depending on your weight, foil and experience
- Air: 15-25 degrees / Water: 16-19 degrees – Wetsuit recommendation: 3:2 or 4:3
Who is this clinic best suited to?
- You already own your own hydrofoil (rental options are available).
- You’ve already had a few session and at a minimum are able to waterstart and riding along off the foil holding your ground upwind
- We can offer private coaching before the camp to get your skills up to the required level.
What is included in this price?
- 5 days coaching with Danny and Rob – Saturday 25th – Wednesday 29th July.
- About 4 hours water time each day, wind and tide dependant
- Video review, morning briefings and short 1:1 BbTalkin sessions throughout the week
- Lunch included each day
- Unique Progression Live camp t-shirt.
What’s not included?
- Accommodation – there are various Airbnb’s in the Shoreham and Lancing area along with many options in Brighton which is only 20 minutes drive east.
- Transport if we travel to alternative locations
- Evening meals – this will be an extra cost but we’ll plan to meet each evening for dinner, with those interest, at different restaurants in the Worthing/Shoreham/Brighton area.
- £200 non-refundable deposit with early bird pricing / £250 with the standard price
- Full payment to be paid 4 weeks before
- Progression Live will host the camp regardless of the conditions
About the Location
Shoreham-by-sea is a great foiling location on the south coast of England, offering goods conditions at all states of the tide. It works in any direction from W > S > E through the predominant direction is SW which is cross onshore. Windfinder’s superforecast is pretty accurate and there is a live wind station just upwind in Lancing.
Meet your Coaches
Pro Kiter, Airush International Team Rider
From competing as a teen to travelling the world with the sport, Danny has over 12 years experience with kitesurfing and has grown up living and breathing it. Now one of the UK’s most competent free ride foilers, Danny is passionate about coaching and helping people gain access into this new area of the sport.
Progression owner, script writing, filmer, editor…
Rob’s passion has always been in watersports, a past world champion windsurfer, 17 years experience as a kitesurfer and for last 13 years helping over 200,000 kiters learn and improve with his Progression series of kitesurfing videos, DVDs and apps. Now his own obsession for kite foiling, has led him to find ways to make foiling accessible to the whole kiting community.