Kitefoiling Coaching Camps
Portugal 8th - 15th Sept 2018
Praia de Cabedelo beach is located in northwest Portugal just a short 45-minute drive away from Porto, making this camp one of the most accessible of Progression Lives 2018 calendar. Viana de Castelo plays host to a variety of world class conditions with the summer months providing flatter seas perfect for some great foiling action. A large seawall protects the river mouth and provides a huge, open ocean, flat section of water. Feel Viana sports centre provides one of the best set-ups for water sports that Portugal has to offer. Located within the sand dunes it is sheltered from the wind yet only a few steps away and you’ll be standing on your foil.
For this Progression Live camp, we have teamed up with Planet Kitesurf, offering direct access to a fully packaged coaching camp. Planet prides itself on its knowledge of each and every holiday that it sells, having personally been to every place to experience it first hand.
Viana do Castelo does not just play host to a fantastic foiling location, being positioned on the west coast with the full force of the Atlantic accessible at the next beach along which is home to some world-class beach breaks, offering some cross kitesurfing conditions. Hotel Feel Viana is located a short 5-minute walk from the kite centre; being built in harmony with its natural surroundings pine forests, it is sure to be the perfect place to relax after a hard day on the water.
Who is this clinic best suited too?
- You already own your own hydrofoil
- You’ve already had a few session and at minimum are able to waterstart and riding along off the foil.
- Through to foilers who are up and riding comfortably on the foil but you want to improve your technique and learn gybes and tacks.
Whatever your level do get in touch and we can discuss if this particular clinic will be best for you.
What will the coaching involve?
- 6 days coaching at Cabedelo’s main beach
- 8-10 kiters
- 2 Coaches
- Video analysis
- BBtalkin headsets for one-on-one sessions
- Progression Live Demo’s
What else is included in this price?
- 7 nights accommodation at FeelViana – 2 sharing a room, single occupation option available.
- Access to a variety of Shinn and Airush foils and surfboards to help with learning new techniques
- First access to the new Progression Kitefoiling Instructional series
What’s not included?
- Flights & Airport Transfer (though not included in the listed price, flights can be arranged with Planet Kitesurf when booking this camp)
- Food & Drink
About the Location
Meet your Coaches
Pro Kiter, Airush International Team Rider
From competing as a teen to travelling the world with the sport, Danny has over 12 years experience with kitesurfing and has grown up living and breathing it. Now one of the UK’s most competent free ride foilers, Danny is passionate about coaching and helping people gain access into this new area of the sport.
Progression owner, script writing, filmer, editor…
Rob’s passion has always been in watersports, a past world champion windsurfer, 17 years experience as a kitesurfer and for last 13 years helping over 200,000 kiters learn and improve with his Progression series of kitesurfing videos, DVDs and apps. Now his own obsession for kite foiling, has led him to find ways to make foiling accessible to the whole kiting community.